Friday, July 6, 2007

Rep the King. Rep Rep the King.

Our Wildlife Youth Chant. and we won. Tribal wars with the united youth group from Hillsong Conference this week was great. Getting to work with them everyday and ship em out on buses back to conference was fun. Who do you know that can get some masses singing * to the left, to the left. everybody here on the bus to the left*? It was a blast. God has been so good. blessings are all over. Learning africaans. an invite to africa for christmas, and a house across the road from the college and church. Ive had a fever all week but strength in the Holy Spirit kept me going, I have never been so determined to fight for joy and fun adventure as I have this week.
My first shower here was freezing becuase I couldnt figure out the taps, now I have warm ones. My food cupboard used to be of nutellino ( cheaper than nutello) and cookies, now I have food. I am officially settling in, and I know the year will be great. I started reading a leadership book and it has me thinking in so many different ways, very cool.
there were many things i was going to write. but i cant seem to remember them.
Fasting next week for prayer on guidance and music and worship , wondering what God wants me to bring back home. There was annointing at the en of the conference last nite. Everyone in the building was annointed with oil. It was so mysctical. Like David and 1samuel mesmerizing. Then it goes on into the harp, and how annointed worshippers can use their harp, their worship and music and break down walls, kingdoms, and bring victory and peace. Resolving the fears of even the Kings and kingdoms. Its so powerful. POWER. That word seems to be all around me lately. in what I read, in who I talk to. And Yesterday I sat nex to three different aussies, in the conference and at the bus for coming back to the school after volunteering. All three were named Mark. When I told this to the third Mark, he told me that the name is latin for Warrior.
Putting Power, Warrior and all that God has told me this week together and there is a big chapter coming in my life that is the *miracle* God has for my life. The part where the dreams and the plans actually come in. take place. get set in the nets and fill it beyond capacity.
The hardest thing was realizing that I needed to adjust, change my bearings. I was trying to fish on the otherside of the boat because I didnt know any better. I was going after the wrong things. The music. But its the giver of the music. The provider , not the provisions, the blesser, not the blessings. Things like that. Now everything is different, same dreams. same plans from God for my life. But now Hes actually the one I'm totally surrendering it to. Not my controls or anythign like that. Its such a simple thing to realize, you'd think. I think the routine had me brainwashed. the music. the playing. being * the bass girl* in church.since I started playing.


A week before I left to come to australia, the church called me asking if I could play for VBS in july.
I said actually, I'm leaving for australia in a few days.
She said, oh.. so you'll be gone for the month then? Thats ok.
My reply was, actually, Im gone or a whole year.
She was silent.
That seems to be the voice of suprise in the church lately. And its weak. Its the sound of a person not being able to come to grasps with suprises. God is a creator. Creative. He's all for changing things up in our lives to eep us going strong. When we are weak, we are silent. This isnt me picking on the poor lady who called, its just me bouncing off that event and into the deeper side of something like that that took place. Responses. Revival. They go hand in hand.
We need to be *comfortably uncomfortable*
The second we become lazy christians who sit back in our recliners, we let all that God has for us slip away. We just want the hearty fatty helping of comfort foods feeding us as we kick back in the laz-y boys. The church HAS been feeding that plate. too much. for too long. to too many people. no, not every church. I'm just saying the spirit in general that many churches are experiencing. Wondering why the revival isnt coming. why the change isnt breaking free. Its because Gods people are slowly pushing away the idea of breaking free from the ways that came before them. I belive the generation before mine experienced benefits from the gen before that . Now who is passing it on?
The work, the labour must be done before there is a harvest. If we dont want to plant seeds in our fields or the fields of our neigbours then why are we staying satisfied eating a harvest that either a) wasnt of our labour, freely given and recieved. or b) we arnt even planting more fields. we eat up all there is and leave nothing behind for the generation(s) to come.
WOW.To love. To be a servant. Keep your eyes open to seeing just what God has it loooking like today. You may be suprised. And you should be. In a sense of, Go With IT!

...... this wasnt where I wanted to go with the lady and the phone call.
THIS is where I wanted to take that.....

I find it a trajedy when a call for help is made, in the expectancy, in the predictableness of a yes. Of running into no obstacles. Of not having to make another call or choice. It's like what?.. I'm sorry that my leaving is an inconvenience to you.
But its a sign of a relationships that fail us in the church. do we know who we work with? Our community is only as strong as we build into it. If there is no effort and no relationship, things can only progress so far and survive for so long. The awakening for me was this week, at conference. I realized that God has come first, but maybe second to playing so much. I didnt take playing cocky, or for granted. because I love it and I love praising God. and that I have the opp to do it with others, and lead that way, you know what i mean.? but,
after so long of it, of saying yes to everyone. my mind got molded into a weird way of serving THEM instead of GOD. Yeah. thats a pretty big smack in the face. And I wasn't raised in a christian home, so I think I'm being honest with God and myself when I say its really been a jouney on a highway, of back and forth from missing exits, of knowing when or what to pass and when to keep following through...that has been that hardest to figure out.
There is so much that I have missed out on that God isnt mad at, but He really REALLY wants to show me and make sure that I know now. Because once I know and grow, I'm set. and ready to start out on a * whole, nutha, level*
So wont you break free? Get up and dance in His love?
Dancing freaks most trad christians out. yet David did it. Naked yet.
Now we will dance. And Rep the King. Rep Rep the King.

No comments: