Sunday, July 8, 2007

Covered white as snow

Cover me white as snow.

just searching some youth groups and young churches, ran into this.

EdCooper's "When Grace Stopped By":
(preached and shared with revolution Charlotte,revolution church.com)
When Grace stopped by my darkened soul,I wondered just how long Grace would stay.
I know that God made Grace possible,Through the blood of His only Child.
That only made me feel more unworthy,Of such a great and wondrous sacrifice.
My soul is so black that even I can not look,For more than a few moments at a time.
Now Grace has stopped by,I fear Grace will run away.But you know she has stayed a few days,And my soul seems lighter when I look.
What a grand day when I know Grace will stay,And my soul will be white as snow.
Then when I look in the mirror of my soul I will see,Not what the world sees
but what God has always seen.


Its crazy just how powerful the Presence of God can be. After being annointed the other nite, you could just feel the grace and Love falling down on us. I have never felt that before. Not with that much understanding and peace in my heart enough to embrace it and love who and what God is that much more for it.
-this Dustin Kensrue cd is awesome, thanks devon-

anyways, after meeting 4 marks and the words warrior, and power poppin up all around.
God used my roommate to remind me of something from the week.
...I asked God , during one of the rallies, that if I was thinking right, understanding what was being revealed to me correctly, that He could give me a sign. This is the first time I have ascked God for a clear sign . Like ACTUALLY physically and not just a spiritual feeling or gut instinct. So God physically places 4 people around me in every situation ( which is very limited for me since I'm not even started in school yet) !
God is all about numerical things. So I searched around the number 4. A verse on prayer matched up from biblegateway and it stuck because I have been seeking how to pray stronger and grow with God steady on in it. SOooO
The prayer verse was about the jewish prayer shawl, and placing tassels on the four sides of the shawl. The four spaces represent God, they spell YHWH-which is Yahweh in....aramaic?? no idea, different research. AnyWHoOdles,
The next description to go with the shawl was what God led me to most. The shawl, the tassles and corners, they were all set up numerically down to the thread with the aims of remembering all ofGods 613 commands for us. That shawl was only the beginning. All the work and knowledge of that shawl and it wasnt even the whole thing for prayer!
Yes, they think about the laws, and God, and various numerical equations for the sake of being crazy mathematicians ( ok. made that one up)... bUT BUTT- the shawl was worn. and there was to be peace. even with the wailing wall... the historical info I found spoke of prayer being known more to the jewish community as listening more than really speaking in a back and forth or a humanly one-sided conversation.
and BAM! That nite ( last nite) I also read parables. Jesus was always saying at the end, ''those who have ears, let him hear" . And I said, c'mon Jesus. Why do you keep saying that? What does it MEAN?! C'mon!! ahK!.
So at 1 am I found myself running into all of these things online and my heart and head let out a resounding. *ahhh* and *woow God, thank you so much*
Who's got ears? I'm working on it now.
oh, and the other significant thing here is that the listening also implied more of a surrendering of your mind and thoughts. So that God could speak to you and work on your heart. And thinking too hard and getting sidetracked have been things that I have found hard lately too. So it's awesome to hear that I'm gaining the knowledge to not think so hard and stop and listen.
.... try to tackle THAT one!

I love it guys, this place is great. The spiritual place I am in is what I find most foreign, and just as mystical and adventurous as the land itself. God has made some pretty funky squalking irds that I can't stop laughing at when I hear them.

no eye has seen. no ear has heart. no heart yet fully knows.

ooOOh baby, the best is yet to come.

No comments: